Doing what we do best... dining

Monday, August 23, 2010

F-words..... and pancakes.



Frustration, food and fable failure. Yep, that's what this blog is about.

I'm frustrated today. It wasn't a particularly awful day. Not productive enough either. Stressful, of course, but that's generally the case. Perhaps I'm a bit overwhelmed at work. I have a tendency to not see the forest for the trees. It's a personality trait I'd like to eliminate. There are days that all I see is a sea of deadlines and pub. dates and forget to take things one at a time. Rather like blogging sometimes. I get quite frustrated when words are flowing. (Like now). Brian has amassed many recipes and photos, yet I struggle with finding words to accompany the steps. I want the blog to be amusing and informative. Not simply the latter. I want you to get to know us through our food and fables. Today, this blog will be less story - simply recipe. Though that may tell you more about me than any tale could.

Here is a dish that always lightens my mood. Hope you love them as much as we do.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes (These are delicious - I promise)
Recipe serves 2. Double for more.

You'll need:

1/2 cup unbleached flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 honey-crisp or granny smith apple, bruniosed



Steps:

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, milk, oil and apples together. Combine the two mixtures.

Spray a griddle pan with an oil spray and heat over medium. Drop 1/4 cup (approx.) batter onto the griddle pan. Cook for a few minutes, checking the underside occasionally. Flip when browned and cook the other side.







Serve with fresh fruit, butter or maple syrup. Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. Mmm, an interesting take on pancakes! Sorry you had a rough day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carolyn! Thankfully, great days outweigh the rough ones. :-)
    Hope you enjoy the pancakes, if you give them a try. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love cottage cheese pancakes! I really like my Moosewood cookbook's cottage cheese apple pancakes, which are a lot like yours (I blogged 'em here: http://tinyurl.com/2aey5rj). Anyway, just had to stop by and say YUMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! They are yummy, indeed. Being lovers of apples (and they're so delicious this time of year) we'll have to try the cottage cheese apple pancakes. Sound amazing.
    Thanks for the yum-love! I'll be browsing around your blog for some 'yums' as well.

    ReplyDelete